Friday, July 10, 2015

Never say never

I completed my first Isabody Challenge earlier this month. It was a great experience for me, focusing on my health this last 16 weeks. I was able to lose 16 pounds and gain greater clarity about my health and goals. I also feel like it gave me confidence to dream again in all areas. I also decided to get over my fear of what people think about at home businesses and actively tell people about it- to pursue this as a legitimate business, because it is. I am so so glad that Carolyn shared about the benefits she received from nutritional cleansing. It has kept me afloat during some crazy times.

Part of the Isabody Challenge is writing a short essay on why you decided to participate. Here is mine. I hope it gives you a good idea of my heart behind this business.

 My life is a little bit crazy. I am a mom to five children, three through adoption and two biologically. They are all between the ages of 4-9 and two of them have significant special needs that affect our daily life. Our most recent adoption rocked our world as our daughter was older and has Down syndrome. It was a big transition and truthfully, we weren’t handling it well. I felt defeated in all areas from mothering to physical health. The Isabody Challenge was, for me, a way to prove to myself that I could rise above the demanding circumstances of my everyday and that I could thrive.  

The biggest thing I have gained from digging into this challenge is to realize that if I put my mind to something, I can make change happen. Physically, I have made a transformation I never believed possible. I have more muscle than I have ever had and am amazed at what I can achieve with consistent positive choices and conviction. One day I realized that this transformation physically means that I can transform in other areas. I so deeply want to be a person who exudes joy and spiritual vitality. Seeing that my body can change helped me leave that place of defeat and pursue being the person I long to be. It also helped me truly believe that I can impact change elsewhere.

One of my mottos in life, “add to the beauty,” comes from a song by Sara Groves with the same title. There is so much that is truly heartbreaking in this world and we have the opportunity to enter in and bring light and life to places that need it. There will always be difficulty and injustice, but we have a choice in how we respond to these things. Do we let darkness prevail and lay down in defeat, or do we choose to use our unique gifts, personality and resources to make our world a more beautiful place? Before I began using Isagenix products, I lived many days with headaches and fatigue. I had no energy and no clue how I was going to keep up with my life and I certainly didn’t have energy to think about living out my passions. Isagenix changed all of that for me and I am so thankful that another mom shared it with me. I am committed to also sharing these solutions with others. So many people are living each day exhausted, not able to be the vibrant people they long to be because their physical body isn’t keeping up with their heart’s passions. I want to see this change for as many people as possible. I want to see more people full of energy to love their families and meet the deep needs of the world by doing what they are uniquely gifted to do. The world needs each and every one of us to add to the beauty. 



No comments:

Post a Comment